Moving Time

by Jamye on September 2, 2010

This weekend I finally get to move into a permanent residence in LA. Actually, I’ve already kind of moved in. This marks my 6th move Since June 7. It’s no wonder I’ve been slightly neurotic and obsessive about making garnishes. It’s a consistent, known, stable thing.

And it’s all in theory.

That’s right. I haven’t actually made a damned thing. I’ve come up with some great ideas. A few witty drink names. Consulted with Amber a little on some of her Experiments. But she’s actually done ALL of the work. I’m writing this post from my furniture-less apartment. I’m sitting on the floor of the soon to be office space. There is no overhead light in here and I don’t have and lamps yet, so I’m working with the just glow of the laptop screen on my face. I can’t work in the living room where there are overhead lights in abundance because my Airport is in storage until Saturday. I’m sleeping on a borrowed air mattress that has a slow leak in it. So every night, right before I go to sleep I inflate it really well. By the time I wake up in the morning I am sleeping on the floor hugged by two giant air pockets.

I really can’t wait to get my bed this Saturday.

I have cable hooked up, but no TV. I went to Target last night to remedy that situation. I just want a small TV for my room. The purchase got declined due to unusual activity. Apparently, now blow torches and sterilization units are “normal” purchases on my account. But something like a TV is suspicious.

And in the middle of all this, I’m trying to get rid of my coffee habit. I love coffee. I only drink one cup a day, except on days like today when I woke all night long due to my deflating bed. Today might be a 2-3 cup day. In which case I’m going to be awake all night. And when I’m awake all night working from the glow off my laptop I buy random things. Like a box of dismembered Barbies from e-bay for $5.

That is going to do nothing to help me buy a TV without bank suspicion.

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

MrCatan September 30, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Sorely disappointed that this appears to be the final post of the website…and morbidly awaiting further developments…

Noriko November 19, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Women are far more likely than men to TRY and coimmt suicide, but men succeed more often.Women usually choose poison, cutting wrists, or other ‘softer’ methods that don’t always work, or that work slowly, while men are more likely to use a gun or some other quick, violent method.

Jamye November 12, 2010 at 7:15 pm

MrCatan-
I am incredibly happy to announce that Morbid Cocktails is not, I repeat NOT dead. We just had a little hiccup. But I promise an update is coming soon.

Nikuu November 19, 2014 at 6:29 am

Recently i came across your blog sbuimt and still have already been looking at alongside. I have come across numerous unusual responses, but typically We clearly believe the style the other commenters say. Experiencing countless wonderfulgreat testimonials of this web site, I thought that we must also start and let you know that I enjoyed looking over this write-up. And so i think this may help make my personal initial comment: I can see that you’ve built a few really exciting points. Not necessarily a lot of people would in fact contemplate it the method that you simply did. Now i’m really satisfied there’s much about it topic that is bare and you also did it consequently effectively, with so much training!inch

Cinthia Moskal December 25, 2010 at 2:21 pm

You certainly deserve a round of applause for your post and more specifically, your blog in general. Very high quality material

Amanda Detmer December 31, 2010 at 6:26 pm

I used to love reading your blog, but lately it’s been a little boring. I’ll still read it though =)

Franco November 19, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I had a rather hard time csonhiog just one type of physician I would want to work for. So many of them fascinate me, and with me not really going into any medical field other than support, I never gave this any thought in the past. After reading the list, I am more favorable of working for a neonatologist. It is difficult to think about how neonatologist physicians sometimes have the most difficult job in the world, but I can only imagine how amazing it would be to be a part of saving a baby’s life. I had a coworker once whose baby was born at 36 weeks, and her baby had a lot of heart and lung problems. There were concerns about whether or not they would ever fully develop once she had him, but after many months in the NICU, and many scares that happened during it, the doctors were able to save him and he is now a very healthy 5 year old. It is because of that I have a higher interest in the neonatologist field.I hate to say which type of physician I would care less to work for, and it is because I worry that many will take it the wrong way. When I was 16, I used to help my mom at an assisted living home as a caregiver. We would get to work at 7:00 A.M. every morning to prepare breakfast for four of the elderly men and women that we were caring for. We would then make sure that all bedding was changed, rooms were cleaned, meals were prepared, and appointments were handled. We worked 12 hour days, and they were always grueling. The owner of the home made sure that everyone had their medicine and made it to their doctor appointments on time. However, she was more worried about getting paid for her services than actually helping the elderly. She would yell at them if they did something wrong, and even call them terrible names. My mom reported her and we both quit our job, but it has always left a sting in my heart since then. It is because of my experience with that situation that I do not think I could ever work for a gerontologist. I know that the situations would be much different, but ever since my experience with caring for elderly individuals it is very hard for me to think about assisting a physician in geriatrics because I worry that someone else might treat the elderly in the same way the owner of the home did. I am a firm believer that the elderly deserve the ultimate care and comfort when going through any treatment and aging in general, but I do not think I could ever work in that environment again.