Experiment No.2

by Amber on August 6, 2010

Substituted gin with vodka this time. Left the ratios the same, lest I get confused by too many changing variables. Partway through putting ice in the glass, it occurred to me that crushed ice might be the answer to the dispersal of the bitters. So I tried adding some crushed ice on top of the normal rocks.

Results: No Improvement

Appearance:

Crushed ice layer did appear to slow down the rate of dispersion, but not enough. I’ll have to try 100% crushed ice (instead of 25%) next time.

I’ve also noticed that not only is the green tea not so truly green, but the bitters aren’t so truly red. So instead of green with red floating on top, I have yellow/green with brownish/red on top. (Well, the brownish red has invaded the entire glass now, but it STARTED on the top!)  I may need different ingredients altogether to achieve the desired visual effect.

Taste:

The green tea shines through more clearly in this incarnation. As do the bitters, for that matter. Perhaps too much so. Guess I was a bit overzealous with the “blood” on the top.  Maybe a few dashes would suffice.

When experiment was complete, I realized I should capture it on film (or SD card, as the case may be). It was kinda pretty, actually—the bitters were streaming down into the glass almost like little rivers of brownish blood. So I ran to get my camera, hoping to immortalize it before the bitter dispersion was complete.

I failed.

By the time I’d retrieved my camera and returned to the laboratory (kitchen?), bitter dispersal was complete. Will need to plan ahead in the future.

Also still need to retrieve proper ice cubes from my boyfriend’s place. Cursing my own poor memory.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Melba Lizardi December 29, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work Look forward to reading more from you in the future.

Rossalinda November 18, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Anon – I don’t know. I’ve had a look around onnile but to no avail. I’m guessing that maybe some of the ingredients appear in the play, but it’s been decades since I’ve read R&J, so I don’t know. It was created at Chicago’s The Violet Hour and won third place in GQ magazine’s 20 best cocktails list.Kathleen – Breakfast be damned! Have a slurp before you go for your morning run!

Farbademba February 21, 2015 at 11:11 pm

AN nomizete oti kaante poios xerei ti party kanete lathos ..katarxas poios einai avtos o dj to xerei h mana tou;;;;;;;;;;;; Koitaxte na kaliterepsete thn poiothta twn pwtwn sas kai meta kante party .

Bunsuep April 1, 2015 at 11:36 am

1. Freestylers feat belle humble crckas (flux pavillion remix)2. Flux Pavilion I can’t stop3. Whatever game over (crim remix)4. Flux Pavilion hold me close5. Skism elixir6. Skrillex Scary monsters and nice sprites7. Skrillex kill everybody (bare noize remix)8. Excision,Datsik Swagga9. Kelly Dean & Steady Teflon ft Kemst (Datsik & Excision Remix)10. Ajapai get down lay down11. Roksonix just jokes12. funkystepz feat. lily mckenzie for u (dodge & fuski remix)

Orhan April 30, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Thanks for your post made here. One thing I’d like to say is always that most prsfaosionel domains consider the Bachelors Degree like thejust like the entry level standard for an online education. Although Associate Certification are a great way to get started on, completing your current Bachelors opens many doors to various professions, there are numerous online Bachelor Course Programs available via institutions like The University of Phoenix, Intercontinental University Online and Kaplan. Another concern is that many brick and mortar institutions give Online variations of their degree programs but often for a drastically higher price than the organizations that specialize in online degree plans.

tab mcaally December 29, 2010 at 3:37 pm